Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Top Five Christmas Songs

Twas the night before Christmas, and, eh, you know the rest. 

Being the holiday season I'm sure you're all listening to lots and lots of Christmas music. I love Christmas music. I think I mostly got it from my Mom, who absolutely loves anything to do with Christmas. As soon as snow hits the ground the Christmas music starts. Anyhow, with the holiday spirit in mind I thought I would share with you some of my favorite songs for the Holidays. In no particular order. 

Carol of the Bells- I love thing song. Such a great hook, chorus, everything. Moody, powerful, all while being festive. I love it. 

Feliz Navidad- A nice cheery little number, and the only Spanish Christmas song I know. It's fun, upbeat, and festive. What more could you ask for? 

12 Days of Christmas- Who doesn't love this song? It's a one to sing-along with, even if you don't know the "10 jugglers running" or "8 gators eating" lyrics. 



All I Want For Christmas Is You- Obviously the Mariah Carrey version. I'm not sure if there is another version. I think after years of the DJs hammering this one on the radio I've finally succumbed into somewhat liking this song. Plus it's a pop phenomenon, you gotta respect it. 

Christmas In Hollis- I think I actually knew most of the lyrics when I was younger. I think it's hard to find really good Christmas raps, but this one rocks. Definitely the best. Run in the houses. 

And the worst Christmas song ever?

Last Christmas- Wham! What an awful band name. Not only is this song so incredibly sappy and bad, it's also ridiculously catchy. It's one of those songs you detest when it comes on, and then ten minutes later you find yourself singing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment