Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Led Zeppelin Notes

I love my XM radio. Recently I found out that XM and Sirius finally merged, and as a result my entire channel selection is mixed up now. Figuring out the new stations today I "rambled" across XM 39 which is an all Led Zeppelin station. Needless to say, a great find. I haven't actually listened to Led Zeppelin in awhile, so it was a great to listen to some old favorites and discover some new music. Here are a few thoughts on Led Zeppelin. 

• Apparently they're trying to stage a come-back tour, with our with-out Plant. Count me in!

• I do like "Kazmir", but I think it's a bit of an overrated song. Even more so after Diddy sampled it. 

• I don't like "Rock and Roll" anymore. Ever since they sold out to that dumb car commercial that's all that goes through my head when I think of it. Thanks for ruining it for me Cadillac. 

• I know "Ramble On" is about the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I still like to pretend it's about a rambler. 

• I always thought "Stairway to Heaven" was a weird choice for a slow dance song in middle-school. It was nice until the end jam part, then you just awkwardly swayed to Page shredding and Plant rocking out. 

• "The Lemon Song" is highly under-rated. 

• I don't own nearly enough Led Zeppelin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment